PREPARATORY CATECHISM CLASSES
We are most delighted to have your child in our care and we thank God for the gift of your child who comes to the Friday catechism classes for faith formation.
As we begin this year we request your humble prayers and Co-operation to instill the best possible in these young minds.
We would like to bring to your notice that Friday is the only day the child is exposed to the teachings of faith, so we kindly request you to ask your child about the catechism classes at home, discuss the topic that was taught for the day and help your child to complete a little bit of homework that is being given in the class.
Homework from catechism class is given so that the child is reminded of whatever is taught in the class. This is only a simple activity of reinforcement of what is taught in the class.
Please note the below as you prepare your child for the Catechism Classes starting in September 2014:
- The Catechism Class is held every Friday from 09.30 am to 10.45 am. Please arrange for your child to be in the classroom by 09:20 am.
- Things to bring: Single Line notebook, pencil, pencil case, rubber eraser, glue stick, crayons/ colour pencils, small bottle of water, small packet of tissue or handkerchief, copy of birth certificate, copy of latest class card or school diary (child info page). All the books should be secured inside a school bag.
- Please cover the notebook with plastic, with a picture of Mother Mary or Lord Jesus’.
- Information that should be written on the notebook front cover :
-Child’s full name, Standard and Division (ex. I-D), parent’s name and contact information (email, mobile, and landline).
- Your child will not be allowed to leave the classroom unless accompanied by the parent or guardian. Parents should form one line while waiting for their children. The teacher will open the door when class is finished and one parent at a time will enter the classroom to take her/his child.
- Please arrange to fetch your child on time at exactly 10.45 am.
- To protect the Don Bosco school property, children are not allowed to play in the court yard.
- Please inform Father Blany if your child will be absent for 2 consecutive Fridays or will be leaving Kuwait for vacation.
- We encourage you to bring your child to celebrate the Eucharist every Friday, at 08.00 am (Special Holy Mass for the children).
- Please try to mentally prepare your child to attend catechism class so as to avoid separation anxiety between parent and child. Please let your child use the toilet prior to Catechism Class.
- The Catechism fee is KD10 for the whole year. Please contact the parish priest, Fr. Blany, if you have a concern with the fees.
Many thanks for your cooperation.
Class Teachers of 1 Year Division